- University of Dayton
- J.D. (1984) | Law
- Activities: As a member of member of the Vita Tax Program, I rose to manager of one shift, providing volunteer tax assistance to individuals for two years. I was also a member of Phi Delta Phi.
- Morehead State University
- B.A. (1972) | History/Geography
- Honors: I graduated in the top _98%_ of the class with a rating of High Distinction [Magna Cum Laude]. In a class of almost 1,000, I ranked in the top 33, attaining the Dean's List through all semesters of attendance. GPA Overall: [3.66].
- Activities: As an active member of Blue Key Honor Fraternity, I helped with numerous community service campaigns, including the awarding of 20 full scholarships to Morehead State each year. As a member of Phi Alpha Theta International Honor Fraternity in History, I assisted with organizing and participating in statewide events aimed at advancing the field of history.
- Monte K. Snyder, Attorney
- - Current
- 2009 saw the reopening of my personal law practice, after eleven years of working for other law firms. Most of my practice is in Family Law. I have a legal profile on Avvo.com. My website is located at: http://MONTEKSNYDERAttorney.weebly.com; my legal blog is located there and on MerchantCircle.com. As a solo practice, you deal directly with me, no paralegals or assistants. This is law practice with a "personal touch." Two locations to serve you: 1. My home: located at the Catalina Manufactured Home Park, 6501 Germantown Road, Lot 41, Middletown, Ohio & 2. Dayton, Ohio area clients: can see me at 4130 Linden Ave. Claypool Building, Suite 304, Dayton, Ohio (Appointments only)
- Attorney At Law
- Howard Law Office
- Mr. Howard's law office was new, in its second year. Litigation involving a couple of trusts engaged a part of this brief but productive practice. Mr. Howard has been a close friend ever since I mentored him as a law clerk at Stukey and Associates. Perhaps my most important contribution was the drafting of our web site's content while Mr. Howard developed the technical aspects of its launch. A web presence is essential in today's changing and stressed legal market. Many new office practices were instituted, including a published fees and expense list for all practice areas, a novel idea in today's legal market, accompanied by standardized legal contracts for all areas, with an emphasis on disclosure and streamlining.
- Attorney At Law
- Stukey and Associates
- This was a general practice firm, with an emphasis on domestic relations and military law applications. Areas of direct responsibility were probate, social security disability, juvenile, domestic relations and administrative law in a busy practice. My greatest area of experience is with litigation support, legal research and writing, depositions, advocacy, hearings and trials. As a role model and mentor for new trainees engaged in on-the-job training, both attorneys and paralegals, I engaged in one-on-one interactions on a daily basis with new hires, some with degrees and some without. Individual needs were addressed with each one, whether it be with computer techniques, legal research, or hearings. As office managing attorney of three attorneys and staff, I directed the office’s general affairs for more than one year, while Ms. Stukey convalesced from multiple surgeries. Among our accomplishments were the revamping of the billing and collection practices of the firm, with the invaluable assistance of Ms. Tara Toney, our billing person.
- Attorney At Law and Owner
- Snyder Law Office
- My first experience with the practice of law was my own law office. I operated a solo general practice with emphasis on juvenile law, delinquency and complex custody cases with extensive handling of special needs children. This involved extensive courtroom work and cooperation with local agencies, such as the Montgomery County Children Services Board and the Catholic Social Services. This was before computers, the internet, and all the legal aids we take for granted today. A simple phone, word processor, and small copier were the technological marvels of that day. Legal research was done at the law library in the books, which I became very skilled at.
- Ohio Legal License
- Ohio Supreme Court
- Better Business Bureau
- Better Business Bureau of Dayton and Miami Valley
- - Current
- Activities: Arbitrator of Ohio Automobile Lemon Law and merchant/customer disputes, issuing binding written decisions.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- - Current
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Consultations just $150.00 for 60 minutes. Most Domestic Relations matters from $220.00 to $240.00 per hour. Retainer (Always); Dissolutions are just one Flat/Fixed Fee depending upon complexity. Written Estimates for the average cost of typical legal services are provided upon contract. WHY PAY MORE!
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- General Civil
- Probate Administration
- Traffic Violations
- Small Claims
- English: Spoken, Written