Nicholas Berning has practiced immigration law since January 2007. Nick has represented over 200 EB-5 immigrant investors and E-2 non-immigrant investors. He also has extensive experience with other immigrant visas (family and employer sponsorships) and temporary work visas. Before co-founding Boundary Bay Law, he served as the Practice Manager at T.D. Knowles & Associates, PLLC from 2008 to 2015.
From 2009 to 2015 Nick served on the Washington State Practice of Law Board, which is responsible for investigating the unlawful practice of law in Washington State. The Washington State Supreme Court appointed Nick to serve as the Practice of Law Board’s Chair in 2012 while the Board finalized the controversial Limited License Legal Technician Rule. The Court also appointed Nick to serve two terms as the Board’s Vice Chair.
Between 2009 and 2014, Mr. Berning taught paralegals at Whatcom Community College, including courses on Legal Research and Writing, Law Office Technology, and Interviewing and Investigating.
Nick currently serves on the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association’s Washington Chapter Consular Processing Committee. He previously served two terms as the Chair of the Washington Chapter’s Limited License Legal Technician Committee.
- Lewis & Clark Law School
- J.D. (2005) | law
- EB-5 Issues and RFE Trends (Business Track), 2018 NW Regional Immigration Law Conference, Seattle, WA
- American Immigration Lawyers Association - WA and OR Chapters
- Co-sponsored by the American Immigration Law Association - Washington State and Oregon Chapters and Seattle University School of Law, the two day Conference offered panels for attorneys practicing in the areas of family-based immigration and business/investor-based immigration.
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Practitioner of Foreign Law
- Washington State Bar # 37678
- - Current
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Immigration Law
- English: Spoken, Written