PAUL N. GILBERT, ESQ. manages and operates his own law firm, as he has since 1982. From 1977 until 1982, he was a General Attorney with the United States Department of Justice, Immigration & Naturalization Service, Newark, New Jersey District Office. Mr. Gilbert holds a J.D. degree cum laude from Rutgers University, and a B.A. degree in sociology from Rutgers College.
Mr. Gilbert practices law and offers experience in:
U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law, including:
• employment and family based immigration, including applications for alien employment certification and visa petitions and applications for adjustment of status;
• non-immigrant visas;
• representation of employers in “employer sanction” cases;
• representation of health care professionals and medical care facilities;
• adoption-related “orphan” petitions;
• representation of non-citizens in removal (deportation and exclusion) proceedings, including criminal aliens;
• consular practice;
• applications for political asylum;
• petitions for naturalization and issues related to U.S. citizenship law.
New Jersey Adoption law, including:
• representation of adoptive parents throughout New Jersey;
• processing of routine and complex cases involving the interrelationships between the U.S. Immigration Laws and the New Jersey adoption statutes;
• processing of petitions with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for immigration and naturalization of eligible foreign born children.
Mr. Gilbert maintains his law offices in Parsippany, New Jersey. This location is easily accessible from several major highways, including Routes 80, 287, 46 and 10, and provides convenient access to the various offices of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in New Jersey, as well as to ten state courthouses. Due to the Federal nature of immigration and nationality law, Mr. Gilbert is able to offer his services and experience in these fields to clients throughout the U.S.