Racquel A. Cousins

Racquel A. Cousins

Tully Rinckey PLLC
  • Family Law, Divorce
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Racquel is a partner in Tully Rinckey PLLC’s Manhattan office, where she focuses her practice exclusively on family and matrimonial law. She also has experience representing a diverse clientele in criminal defense, real estate and landlord/tenant law.

Norman Manley Law School
(2021) Postgraduate Diploma , Legal Education
Placeholder image for education.
University of the West Indies
J.D. (1999) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of the West Indies
B.A. (1996)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Attorney / Partner
Tully Rinckey PLLC
Articles & Publications
Racquel A. Cousins Partner at Tully Rinckey PLLC
The New York Business Journal
Top 10 Attorneys
National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 4124277
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 4124277
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Is it illegal for someone to use their job to find out your personal and sensitive information about an individual ?
A: Yes, you should definitely speak with an attorney. Your situation sounds complicated and you would need to give all the facts to an attorney, who can represent you. It sounds like there is way more going on here than you can type in the "Ask a Lawyer" section. However, to answer your question with respect to whether someone can use their position at an agency to find out personal information about you would depend on why they are trying to ascertain this information. Everything turns on the "why" and in what capacity they need this information. Like I said, an attorney who has more details about your situation should be able to assist you.
Q. Good morning I had a fire and I let my daughter stay with her father to go to school now he doesn't want to give her bac
A: Hello - You would not go to jail unless you broke the law. Going to pick up your daughter from her father's house, even though she has been staying with him for a while does not constitute breaking in the law, all else being equal. I am going to assume that there is no custody order in place indicating who has physical/residential custody of your daughter. If I am correct in my assumption then you should go to the Family Court in your county as soon as possible and file a custody petition and have your daughter's father served ASAP. You will both have to go to court and get a judge to establish formal custody of your daughter. I hope that helps.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Tully Rinckey PLLC
777 Third Avenue
21st Floor
New York, NY 10017
Telephone: (646) 201-9100
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed