Rebecca Houlding is a partner at Friedman & Houlding LLP. She represents victims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation in employment and education, in federal and state courts, and in mediation and arbitration.
Ms. Houlding has been practicing employment law since 1996. Prior to becoming a partner at Friedman & Houlding LLP, she was Of Counsel to the Law Offices of Joshua Friedman PC. After working with Josh Friedman for nine years, the two teamed up to form Friedman & Houlding LLP. Before that, Ms Houlding worked as an Associate with the former Beranbaum Menken Ben-Asher & Bierman LLP, in New York, NY, where she had a diverse employment practice. She previously worked for a civil rights law firm in Philadelphia, PA.
Ms Houlding is a 1995 cum laude graduate of the University of Minnesota School of Law. She spent a semester at the Universite Jean Moulin III, in Lyon, France. She is also a cum laude graduate of Carleton College, in Northfield, MN. She trained as a mediator with the Harvard Negotiation Institute.
She is admitted in numerous federal trial and appellate courts and is licensed to practice law in New York. She is an occasional adjunct legal writing instructor at Brooklyn Law School.
Ms. Houlding grew up in New Haven, Connecticut, where she began her legal career in high school, clerking for a prominent civil rights attorney. She solidified her commitment to advocating for civil rights with internships with the Federal Defender's Office in New Haven, and the Minnesota Justice Foundation in Minneapolis.
- University of Minnesota Law School
- Honors: Cum Laude; Deans List 1992-1995; Semester abroad at Universite Jean Moulin, Lyon III, Lyon, France.
- Carleton College
- B.A. (1992) | Sociology, Anthropology
- Honors: Cum Laude; Semester abroad at Academie American, Paris, France.
- Friedman & Houlding LLP
- - Current
- Of Counsel
- Law Offices of Joshua Friedman
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- New York Employment Lawyers Association
- New York
- 4th Circuit
- 6th Circuit
- Free Consultation
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Racial Slurs and Hostile Work Environment
- Sexual Harassment
- Class Actions
- Rebecca Houlding's Website Profile
- Friedman & Houlding LLP Website
- Sexual Harassment Lawyer Blawg