Regilucia C Smith
- Immigration Law
Reggie Smith Law located in the Florida Keys. Reggie Smith is dedicated to providing personalized legal assistance to individuals and families with matters of immigration, United States citizenship, deportation, and removal defense.
As an immigration attorney, I recognize and understand, first-hand, the urgent needs of my clients have for seeking immigrant visas including visa as a battered spouse, child or parent as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
I am a Brazilian licensed attorney since 1999. I came to the United States back in 2002. With no English, my career changed from Brazilian lawyer to a hotel housekeeper, bank teller, customer service, assistant branch manager, and prior law school I've worked at the 16th Judicial Circuit as Probate, Juvenile, and Mental Health case manager. Hire an immigration attorney was essential to change my nonimmigrant status to a green card holder by marriage.
At the time I've decided to apply for citizenship on my own and it was denied. What seemed to be simple, was not so simple after all. My English was minimal and I was naive. I learned and improved my English. At the second time around, my citizenship by naturalization was approved.
I pursued my dream of becoming a lawyer again, but at this time in the United States. Today, I am an Attorney at Law specializing in immigration laws. I am devoted to helping you to solve your legal problem. I am driven, personable, professional, and proactive. I speak English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
I believe that a successful representation requires a thorough understanding of the law and meticulous preparation. Beyond my academic credentials and legal experience, I invest in continuing legal education and training to ensure that my knowledge of state and federal law is current and accurate.
- St. Thomas University School of Law
- J.D. (2015) | Law
- Law school extra activities: St. Thomas University School of Law, Ambassador Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, Justice The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, LS member STU Student Bar Association, former 1L Senator
- Centro Universitario Moacyr Sreder Bastos - Brazil
- J.D. (1999) | Law
- Mentschikoff Chapter Making the Difference
- The Reporter - Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, Intl.
- Alex A. Hotchkiss Outstanding Law School Chapter Justice
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, Intl.
- The Florida Bar  # 0121681
- Free Consultation
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- English: Spoken, Written
- Portuguese: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- Immigration Lawyer in the Florida Keys