Richard J. Symmes, Esq. is a Seattle native and the managing attorney at Symmes Law Group, PLLC. Mr. Symmes currently focuses his practice on bankruptcy, foreclosure defense and debt settlement matters and is an experienced bankruptcy advocate, having filed and prepared hundreds of bankruptcy petitions which resulted in bankruptcy discharges for his clients.
Prior to forming Symmes Law Group, PLLC Mr. Symmes was an associate attorney at two respected law firms in Denver, Colorado where his practice primarily involved bankruptcy, business and insurance defense.
Mr. Symmes is a graduate of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law where he was the Vice President and Community Director of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society as well as a Staff Editor for the University of Denver Sports and Entertainment Law Journal. Mr. Symmes earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Washington in Seattle where he double majored in economics and communications.
- The University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- J.D. (2008)
- University of Washington
- B.A. (2004) | Economics & Communications
- Symmes Law Group, PLLC
- - Current
- The Symmes Law Group, PLLC was formed by attorney Richard J. Symmes with the ideal of delivering impeccable personal service to all clients, while utilizing technology in order to keep legal fees at a reasonable and affordable rate. When you contact us, you will always have access to a highly skilled legal professional to answer all of your questions and give you guidance for whatever your legal needs may be. The Symmes Law Group is a small law firm; however we deliver big firm results at a fraction of the cost. We focus our practice areas on limited areas on the law to ensure all clients will have an expert to handle their legal needs. Practice areas include chapter 7 bankruptcy, chapter 13 bankruptcy, debt settlement, foreclosure defense, estate planning and transactional real estate.
- Foster Law Group, PC
- Associate attorney focusing practice in the areas include chapter 7 bankruptcy, chapter 13 bankruptcy, debt settlement, foreclosure defense, estate planning and transactional real estate, business and trademarks.
- Associate Attorney
- Balaban & Levinson, P.C.
- Diligently represented real estate brokers in errors and omissions insurance claims. Drafted discovery, motions, pleadings and ATLP reports on behalf of clients and major insurance carriers while engaging in all aspects of litigation. Assisted in conducting depositions and mediations and drafted initial client letters.
- Law Clerk
- All Pro Sports & Entertainment
- Conducted legal research and writing for a top flight sports agency in conjunction with the representation of marquee NFL, NBA, and PGA athletes. Participated in the arbitration hearing In Re the Matter of Al Wilson v. Denver Broncos, and drafted post hearing brief. The case concerned medical malpractice and required familiarity with the current NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement. Researched the validity of drug testing in the PGA in regards to PGA athletes. Drafted pleadings in family law matters concerning allocation of child support. Drafted demand letters to insurance companies regarding the payment and settlement of insurance claims stemming from a serious car accident.
- The Evolution of Sports Law
- NW Lawyer
- Managing Real Estate Brokers License
- Washington State Real Estate Commission
- Top Bankruptcy Lawyer
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- - Current
- King County Bar Association
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Foreclosure Defense
- Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Intellectual Property
Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- Seattle Trademark Lawyer Blog
- Seattle Bankruptcy Lawyer blog