Free Consultation: (718) 221-2162Tap to Call This Lawyer
Roland Godfrey Ottley

Roland Godfrey Ottley

The Ottley Law Firm provides high quality legal services to all of our clients!
  • Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Immigration Law ...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

The Ottley Law Firm, provides high quality legal services in all of our areas of concentration. Mr. Ottley is aggressive and passionate about the services that he provides. He regularly conducts research on the legal issues of his cases and always goes a bit extra to ensure that all issues are addressed to his satisfaction. Mr. Ottley listens to his clients and understands their situation and trys his best to address the case fully. He will file motions to obtain relief from the court and will appeal a court's decision when appropriate. We want our clients to feel like members of a team and so we keep them informed about their cases.

Villanova University School of Law
J.D. (1996)
- present
Villanova University School of Law Logo
St. John's University
B.S. (1989) | Physician Assistant Studies
St. John's University Logo
Professional Experience
The Ottley Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
Physician Assistant
One Brooklyn Health
- Current
National physician Assistant Certification
Articles & Publications
Family Unity: A Guide to Biden’s ‘Parole-in-Place’ Initiative
The Ottley Law Firm, P.C.
Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practice Claims
The Ottley Law Firm, P.C.
What are my Rights as a Renter in New York?
The Ottley Law Firm, P.C.
Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Brooklyn
Distinguished Lawyer
Professional Associations
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Immigration Council
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar  # 4194304
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 4194304
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US Court of Federal Claims
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    A consultation fee of $150 is required for certain areas of our practice.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Medical Malpractice
Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Consumer Law
Lemon Law
Uncontested Divorce
Additional Practice Areas
  • Federal Injury Litigation
  • Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
  • Deceptive Business Practice
  • Parole in Place
  • Humanitarian Parole
  • Naturalization
  • Consular Processing
  • Violence Against Women Act
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My landlord lives above me and makes excess noise daily. I have complained several times. They’ve acknowledged the noise
A: I would say that you would have a case for harassment and constructive eviction, amoung other possible claims. You seem to have the ability to measure and record the ambient sound from their apartment to record the chronic noncompliance. You should consult with a landlord tenant attorney. Good luck.
Q. My building was bought at auction and I had a living agreement with my last landlord to rent now my new landlord is
A: Since you have a lease (written lease) in effect from your prior landlord, then the new landlord may find it difficult to evict you from the premises. The new landlord will have to show that you are not paying rent, you are causing a nuisance, you are breaching the lease or the owner wants to use the premises for their own use or that of their immediate family. You will need to consult with a landlord tenant attorney to fully understand your situation and your best course of action.
Q. A F1 student with valid status is elegible for Medi-Cal. Use the benefit can bring problems? Like to get a green card?
A: Most universities and colleges offer their own health insurance plans specifically designed for international students. These plans generally meet visa requirements and can be a good option for F1 students. Alternatively, F1 students can also purchase private health insurance plans from various insurance companies. These plans offer varying levels of coverage and costs. This may be the best way to avoid any problems.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
The Ottley Law Firm, PC
Contact & Map
1063 Winthrop St
Brooklyn, NY 11212
Telephone: (718) 221-2162
Monday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 12 PM - 6 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Thursday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Friday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed