Samuel G McKerall

Samuel G McKerall

McKerall & McKerall, P.L.L.C.
  • Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Family Law ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa
J.D. (1971) | Law
University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa Logo
Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations
Alabama State Bar  # ASB-9011-R70S
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
White Collar Crime
Legal Malpractice
Products Liability
Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Foreclosure Defense
Additional Practice Area
  • Complex Civil Litigation
Legal Answers
Q. In the state of Alabama, if you touch someone's property such as keys, is it justifiable for that person to hit you?
A: Of course not!!! But you already know that. You are being abused. See a lawyer. As an alternative, consider going to the County courthouse and swearing out a warrant against him for Protection from Abuse. (PFA) The Circuit or District Court Clerks will probably help you fill out the form. This is free. The sheriff will then go and find him and give him a piece of paper telling him to stay away from you, and will set an early date for him to appear in court. You have to be there too. The judge will then decide what happens next.

This can be dangerous, as in rare cases the man will ignore the piece of paper and will seek to harm you. You know him, so you should be able to assess whether this will be a concern for you.

Good luck, A lawyer would possibly be better than starting a PFA action. You must be the judge of that,
... Read More
Q. I made police report against my husband for DV I didn’t sign a warrant
A: Assuming that is a question, the answer is yes the police can sign a warrant. If they become aware of a bank robbery they can arrest the bank robber. You made the police aware that your husband committed violence on you. They can arrest him. They do not need your permission.
Q. I own property in Cullman, al. I run Angus cattle on. A neigh.rented 8 a.c.. now there is 10 to 15 rodeo bulls there
A: Here's the primary law on it. There's a lot more than just this one, You can look at all the other Alabama laws on the subject by Googling Code of Alabama, and then choose the one that has the word "alison" in the web address. Scroll down to Article Three - Animals - and then scroll down to Section 5, and start reading at paragraph 1 under Section 5.

Here's the key section you'll need. You'll need to hire a lawyer to file suit for your damages.

Section 3-5-3

Liability of owner for damages done by livestock or animals running at large; judgment lien upon animal or livestock causing damage.

(a) The owner of such livestock or animal being or running at large upon the premises of another or upon the public lands, roads, highways or streets in the State of Alabama shall be liable for all damages done to crops, shade or fruit trees or ornamental shrubs and flowers of any person, to be recovered before any court of competent jurisdiction; provided, that the owner of any stock or animal shall not be liable for any damages to any motor vehicle or any occupant thereof suffered, caused by or resulting from a collision with such stock or other animal, unless it be proven that such owner knowingly or wilfully put or placed such stock upon such public highway, road or street where such damages were occasioned.

(b) The judgment of the court against the owner of such livestock or animal so depredating shall be a lien superior to all other liens on the livestock or animal causing the damage, except as to taxes.
... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
McKerall & McKerall - Mobile & Baldwin County Lawyers Since 1975
Contact & Map
PO Box 818
Gulf Shores, AL 36547
Cell: (251) 223-5133