Scott is the complete trial lawyer package, fusing rigorous legal scholarship and writing with practical litigation experience. Scott is a cum laude graduate of U.C.L.A. and Harvard Law School. During law school, Scott interned for the Honorable Barry T. Moskowitz of the Southern District of California. Scott also studied Jewish law in Jerusalem for six months.
At Syverson, Lesowitz & Gebelin, LLP, Scott handles copyright and trademark infringement cases, trade secrets litigation, and general civil litigation matters. Scott represents both plaintiffs and defendants.
Scott is a Super Lawyers Rising Star. Avvo.com ranks Scott as a 10 out of 10. The LA Business Journal recognized Scott as one of Los Angeles County’s top 25 white collar and cyber crimes attorneys.
Scott recently obtained a $2 million judgment for a client in an online defamation case. Scott also recently obtained a victory for a client in a breach of contract and restitution case; Scott’s client paid nothing to the plaintiff. Also, using his background as a computer programmer, Scott guided a client whose video game was infringed to a seven-figure settlement.
Due to an international client base, Scott has handled many jurisdictional battles. Scott succeeded in persuading a domestic court to exercise personal jurisdiction in a matter between two foreign entities. Periodicals in the United States and Europe have published articles about this ruling.
Scott heads the firm's cyber-crime defense practice and FTC defense practice.
Scott is licensed to practice law in both California and New York.
With two pre-school age sons, Scott has plenty of real-world experience in conflict resolution, bargaining, mitigating damages, and facing off against persistent and cunning opponents. Scott also knows each character in both the PAW Patrol and the Car Patrol.
- Harvard Law School
- J.D. (2007)
- University of California - Los Angeles
- B.A. (2004)
- Honors: cum laude
- Syverson, Lesowitz & Gebelin, LLP
- - Current
- Raines Feldman LLP
- Miller Barondess, LLP
- Assistant United States Attorney
- United States Attorney's Office
- 9th Circ. Further Clarifies 1st Sale Defense For Software
- Portfolio Media (Law360)
- Data Holders Must Prepare for Lawsuit Wave after Ruling
- Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Gaming Jurisdiction
- Intellectual Property Magazine
- Personal Jurisdiction Takeaways From Calif. Copyright Case
- Portfolio Media (Law360)
- Federal Sentencing Enhancements for Prior Convictions
- Northern Illinois University Law Review
- Independent Redistricting Commissions
- Harvard Journal on Legislation
- Online Privacy, 88.9 FM in Irvine
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Top 25 White Collar and Cyber Crimes Attorneys
- LA Business Journal
- New York State Bar
- California State Bar
- New York
- 2nd Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court for Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of New York
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property
- Communications & Internet Law
- Scott Lesowitz' Website Profile
- Syverson, Lesowitz & Gebelin, LLP Website
- Syverson, Lesowitz & Gebelin Articles