My passion is helping the injured and protecting their interests against insurance companies. Injured people who are trying to recover, take care of their families and get their life back together after an accident don't need to face all the difficulties that can arise when they try to deal with an insurance company which is protecting their own client.
As a licensed attorney in North Carolina and South Carolina, I handle personal injury and wrongful death cases in both states and have successfully represented hundreds of clients in the past 25 years. I am the managing partner of Grimes Teich Anderson LLP, a North Carolina and South Carolina personal injury law firm with 8 offices in both states. Before becoming a personal injury attorney, I was an insurance defense lawyer, which gives me great familiarity with the oppressive practices of those companies to the injured. That, along with my substantive trial experience, puts me in a unique position to be a strong advocate for injured people in helping them to get the care and money they deserve. I have successfully recovered millions for my clients.
I have received favorable verdicts in State Court and the United States District Courts in North Carolina and South Carolina and have argued cases before the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Court of Appeals as well as before the South Carolina State Supreme Court. I am admitted to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States Supreme Court and the Bar of the Eastern Band of the Cherokee.
I am rated AV®Preeminent; the highest rating one may receive from Martindale Hubbell which bases the rating on peer reviews and which attests a high legal skill and ethical standard. I have also been accepted into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Only be lawyers who have had a case or settlement in the amount of one million dollars or more may become members.
- University of South Carolina - Columbia
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- Grimes Teich Anderson LLP Injury Lawyers
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Injured Workers' Advocates of South Carolina
- South Carolina Workers Compensation Educational Association
- South Carolina Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Association
- Former Board Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- South Carolina Bar Resolution of Fee Disputes Board
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- 4th Circuit
- Cherokee Supreme Court (Eastern Band)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, North Carolina Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, North Carolina Middle District
- U.S. District Court, North Carolina Western District
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina District
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Free Consultation
Free injury and disability case evaluation.
- Contingent Fees
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Appeals & Appellate
- Car Accident
- Wrongful Death
- English: Spoken, Written
- Scott M. Anderson's Website Profile
- Grimes Teich Anderson LLP Injury Lawyers Website
- North Carolina and South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyer Blog
How Much Is My Car Wreck Case Worth?What Is a Contingency Fee and How Does it Work?
What Is a Contingency Fee and How Does it Work?Scott M. Anderson BioHow to Ruin Your Legal Claim on Facebook
How to Ruin Your Legal Claim on FacebookDePuy and Stryker Hip Replacement Injuries
DePuy and Stryker Hip Replacement InjuriesGranuflo and NaturaLyte Injuries and Deaths
Granuflo and NaturaLyte Injuries and DeathsPaying Medical Bills After an Accident: Why You Should You File with Your Health Insurance Company
Paying Medical Bills After an Accident: Why You Should You File with Your Health Insurance CompanyInjured on the Job In South Carolina: Workers Comp Explained
Injured on the Job In South Carolina: Workers Comp ExplainedInjured in an Accident with a Tractor Trailer: Do You Need a Lawyer
Injured in an Accident with a Tractor Trailer: Do You Need a LawyerWhy Should I Hire a Lawyer if I am Injured - SC and NC Injury Attorneys
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer if I am Injured - SC and NC Injury Attorneys