Seth Meyerson

Seth Meyerson

Meyerson Law Firm
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law
  • Georgia, Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law
Georgia State University College of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Georgia State University College of Law Logo
Appalachian State University
B.S. | Accounting
Appalachian State University Logo
University of Georgia
M.S. | Computer Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Lead Attorney
Meyerson Law Firm
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia  # 583918
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Elder Law
Legal Answers
Q. If only one person is named in the will do any other heirs receive anything
A: See a Georgia Estate attorney. A years support claim may be available. There may be problems with the will. Do this soon as once a petition to probate a will has been filed in Georgia, time is limited to file an objection.
Q. Do I have any kind of legal rights to family property that I do not own if I have proof of residence for 20 plus years?
A: In situations like this, property ownership and rights can be complex and depend on various factors, including the specific laws of your jurisdiction and the documentation involved.

If your grandmother had dementia at the time she signed the property over to your uncle, it could potentially raise questions about the validity of that transaction. If it can be shown that your grandmother lacked the mental capacity to understand the implications of transferring the property, it may be possible to challenge the transfer on grounds of undue influence or lack of capacity. However, you would need to consult with a lawyer who specializes in real estate or elder law to assess the strength of your case and explore your legal options.

Regarding the wills that were not recorded or notarized, it's important to note that typically, for a will to be legally valid, it needs to comply with specific legal requirements, which can vary by jurisdiction. If the wills were not properly executed, they may not be legally enforceable.

Given the complexity of your situation, it's crucial to consult with a qualified attorney who can review the relevant documentation, assess the applicable laws, and provide personalized legal advice based on your specific circumstances. They can guide you on the best course of action and help protect your rights and interests.
... Read More
Q. How do I ask the courts to impose an emergency freeze on an estate I'm a named beneficial in?
A: If your issue is the bank accounts of the decedent, then let the relevant banks know the decedent has died. Do this in writing as well as in person or on the phone. This should freeze these accounts. If you need to get someone accountable for managing the estate, probate the estate yourself, seek to have the executor appointed by a court, or volunteer for the position yourself.

You should consult with a Georgia Estate attorney. Where on earth would you find one?
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Meyerson Law Firm Website
Contact & Map
Meyerson Law Firm
120 Village Circle
Senoia, GA 30276
Telephone: (678) 892-5910
Cell: (770) 363-9208
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 2 PM - 5 PM
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Evening and Weekend appointments are available.