Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Yeshiva University
- J.D. (2004) | Law
- Honors: Dean's Scholar Elected National Team Oralist, Moot Court Honor Society Semifinalist, National First Amendment Moot Court Competition, Vanderbilt University, 2004 Quarterfinalist, National Criminal Procedure Tournament, University of San Diego, 2003
- Activities: Received invitation to participate in the Innocence Project clinic
- Emory University
- B.A. (1999) | Double Major: Political Science & Theater Arts
- Honors: Member and Award Recipient of National Theater Honors Society (Alpha Psi Omega)
- Activities: President of Students Involved in Recycling and the Environment Teacher’s Assistant to Dr. Neil Penn, History of Western Civilization Part II
- Law Office of Shannon Stallings
- - Current
- Criminal defense and appellate practice.
- Staff Attorney
- The Legal Aid Society
- Handled hundreds of criminal cases from arraignment through trial in Brooklyn, New York.
- Legal Intern
- Georgia Capital Defenders
- Assisted statistical review of death penalty application across Georgia. Drafted memo regarding the impact of mental illness and mental retardation on the application of the death penalty in Georgia.
- Legal Clinical Intern
- Innocence Project
- Assigned to be the primary student representative to six clients who were, possibly, wrongly convicted of crimes. Assisted in the preparation of an appeal that ultimately resulted in the reversal of a client’s conviction after 25 years of wrongful imprisonment. Assisted clients in obtaining D.N.A. testing of forensic evidence.
- Legal Intern
- Magistrate Judge Gabriel Gorenstein, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Drafted memos. Researched and summarized case law.
- Document Administrator
- Altman, Kritzer, & Levick, P.C
- Organized legal documents related to commercial real estate transactions for Home Depot.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- White Collar Crime
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Additional Practice Areas
Websites & Blogs
- Law Office of Shannon Stallings, Esq.
- Facebook Page of Shannon Stallings, Esq.
Contact & Map