Free Consultation: (747) 777-2977Tap to Call This Lawyer
Simon Stepanyan

Simon Stepanyan

Stepanyan Law Firm
  • Consumer Law, Personal Injury
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Simon Stepanyan is the founder of Stepanyan Law Firm. Growing up in a family of attorneys, it was only a matter of time before Simon would become one himself. He is a graduate of law schools in the United States, France, and Armenia. Simon’s legal education is complemented by his work experience at law firms in all three countries.

Immediately prior to founding Stepanyan Law Firm, Simon worked at a Los Angeles law firm, where his practice was focused on multi-million dollar complex state and federal cases, consumer class actions, business law, and immigration law.

Having a unique background and international legal experience, Simon founded Stepanyan Law Firm, offering his clients the best legal experience in specific practice areas. Simon Stepanyan is a California attorney practicing business law, litigation, immigration law, and consumer protection.


University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
Master of Laws (LL.M.) (Business Law Certificate), 2014

Université Jean Moulin Lyon III
Licence Droit, Economie, Gestion, mention Droit, 2012

French University of Armenia
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), 2011

University of Southern California Gould School of Law
LL.M. (2014) | Business Law
University of Southern California Gould School of Law Logo
Université Jean Moulin Lyon III
LL.B. (2012)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Stepanyan Law Firm
- Current
Margarian Law Firm
Law Clerk
Margarian Law Firm
Graduate Certificate in Business Law
University of Southern California Gould School of Law
Professional Associations
American Immigration Lawyers Association  # 44315
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 304064
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    Most consumer law cases are handled on contingency.
Practice Areas
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
  • Armenian: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken
  • Russian: Spoken
Legal Answers
Q. If I have a bank account with enough money in it to equate 3x the poverty level be enough for sponship of an immigrant.
A: The answer depends on many specific details of your case.

You can find most of the information, with examples, on pages 9-10 of the instructions of USCIS Form I-864 available at


Note that this answer is based on the limited information provided in the question. Legal matters are subject to various outcomes depending on the details of the matter.
Q. Can I get the green card?
A: Dear Andrea,

Unfortunately, you would not qualify for follow-to-join benefits because you were over 21 at the time he received his green card.

He can, however, file a green card petition for you. That is, if you are not married. The law does not allow green card holders to file petitions for married sons and daughters over the age of 21.

According to the February 2018 visa bulletin USCIS is currently reviewing applications filed in January 2011 for all countries except Mexico and Philippines. This usually means that you will have to wait approximately 7 years before they will begin reviewing the petitions filed in February 2018, assuming your father will file now. You can contact an immigration attorney or search for the bulletin for more information. You should look for the F2B category.

Things will change if he becomes a citizen while your application is pending or if you get married, assuming you are not.

I hope this helps.

Note that legal matters are subject to various outcomes. This answer tries to respond to the question based on the limited amount of facts present in the question. It might not be true depending on your specific circumstances. The best advice will be to arrange a consultation with an immigration attorney.
... Read More
Q. How old does a U.S. citizen child have to be to go to mexico and ask for citizenship of his/hers parent?
A: To petition for parents (mother or father) to live in the United States as green card holders, the child should be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old. The child would not have to go to Mexico to file the petition.

If the petition is approved, parents will apply for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Mexico. They will, thus, first receive a green card (permanent residence card) which will allow them to live, work and study in the United States.

The parents will generally become eligible for U.S. citizenship after 5 years from the receipt of their permanent residence. They can apply for U.S. citizenship 90 days before the 5-year period.


Note that this answer is based on the limited information provided in the question. Legal matters are subject to various outcomes depending on the details of the matter. ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Stepanyan Law Firm
Lemon Law Attorney | Stepanyan Law Firm
General Blog | Stepanyan Law Firm
Contact & Map
Stepanyan Law Firm
4100 W Alameda Ave
Suite 300
Burbank, CA 91505
Telephone: (747) 777-2977
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Open during COVID-19.