Stephen has been a resident of Brevard County for over 20 years. He has seen this county change from an orange grove field to the booming cities we see now. Stephen attended most of his schooling here in Brevard, including Tropical Elementary, Thomas Jefferson Junior High and Merritt Island High School. Stephen is also a graduate of Stetson University and Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville.
Through out his career, Stephen has dedicated himself to helping those who are lost in the legal system. From his time spent working in Legal Aid, working at the Public Defenders office in Jacksonville in the Repeat Offenders Court and as a prosecutor here in Brevard County, Stephen has seen how most individuals are confused and caught up in the legal system. Stephen realized early in his career that the legal system is more about “the people” then it is the law.
“Attorneys deal with people, not just law books. People have fears, stress and confusion when dealing with legal problems. It’s my job to aggressively defend my clients, and help them understand what is going on with their case and how it is affecting their lives.”
Stephen has dedicated himself to the aggressive representation of numerous clients who have been accused of murder, capital sexual battery, serious violent felonies, and misdemeanor offenses. He is an experienced trial attorney.
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- J.D. | Law Degree
- Stetson University
- B.A. (1995) | Business Management and Psychology
- The Mays Law Firm / Mays, Henderson-Harvey
- - Current
- Handling criminal defense both state and federal, divorce, child custody and DCF dependency matters.
- Bross, Bross, Thomas & Mays
- Handled Criminal defense including state and federal litigation.
- Amari & Theriac
- Handled commercial litigation, civil litigation and contract dispute.
- Assistant State Attorney
- Florida State Attorney Office 18th Judicial Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Traffic Tickets