Our focus on obtaining just compensation for our clients has allowed us to achieve many multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements, including one of the largest medical malpractice verdicts in Montgomery County history. We know and understand how difficult it is when an individual or family member suffers a horrible tragedy or death through the fault of medical professionals. When an individual or family member is injured as a result of medical care, the medical system does not provide answers to their questions. We will get your questions answered.
We represent individuals and families who have been seriously injured who have lost their lives as a result of medical negligence and personal injury. We are dedicated to serving our clients and representing them in accordance with the highest professional standards. Our firm is a preeminent medical malpractice law firm in the State of Ohio.
Our attorneys recognize that not all negative medical outcomes are the fault of medical professionals. We make a significant effort to do research on the medical literature and discus your case with top physicians in their field in order to discover cause of the unexpected outcome. We take the cases we know have merit and then pursue them vigorously and diligently for our clients.
If you or a family member is injured due to an error in diagnosis, treatment, or as the result of care that was below the accepted medical standards, you may be entitled to legal recourse. The time to pursue such claims is limited. As a general rule, medical malpractice claims must be filed within one year of the time when the error was discovered or should have been discovered, or one year from the termination of the doctor/patient relationship, whichever occurs later. Thus, it is imperative that if you have a question about medical care that you or a family member received, that you contact us at your earliest possible convenience so that we can provide you with an opinion as to whether or not you have a potential medical negligence claim.
Mr. O'Keefe's entire legal career has been spent in the area of medical negligence, personal injury and wrongful death. Stephen has actively tried cases involving doctors, hospitals and injured victims throughout Ohio. His experience in analyzing and understanding complex medical and legal issues, levels the playing field for injury victims and their families. He devotes his entire professional life to achieving the best possible result for each and every client he represents.
He is invited frequently to lecture and educate other attorneys on the topic of medical malpractice nationally and throughout Ohio. He has lectured on the topic of medical negligence to The Dayton Bar Association, The Ohio Association of Justice, The Hamilton County Association of Trial Attorneys, The University of Dayton School of Law, and The Ohio Association of Risk Managers as well as many medical malpractice insurance companies.
Mr. O'Keefe is the Southwest Ohio District Representative to The Ohio Association for Justice. He is a member of The American Association for Justice, The Dayton Bar Association, The Ohio State Bar Association and The American Bar Association, and the Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. O'Keefe was selected by his peers to be a member of the prestigious Ohio Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. There are less than one hundred attorneys statewide who have been selected into Ohio Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates. He has been voted by his peers as a Super Lawyer in the area of plaintiffÃ¢s medical malpractice in 2008 and 2009. Less than 2% of practicing attorneys are selected by their peers to be a Super Lawyer.
Stephen was born in Dayton. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Miami University and his Jurist Doctorate degree from The Cleveland Marshal College of Law where he graduated Cum Laude. Mr. O'Keefe was formerly a partner in the firm of Reminger & Reminger where he led their medical malpractice section from 1997 to 2003. Prior to that, Mr. O'Keefe had worked exclusively in the area of medical malpractice with the law firm of Jacobson, Maynard, Tuschman & Kalur.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Miami University
- B.A. | History
- Honors: National History Honor Society
- Gibson & O'Keefe Co. LPA
- The O'Keefe Firm Co. L.P.A.
- - Current
- Please call us today for a free consultation at (937) 643-0600. We represent individuals who have been harmed by negligence, medical malpractice, personal injury, nursing home neglect and wrongful death.
- Ohio Superlawyer Plaintiff Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
- Ohio State Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- - Current
- Activities: The American Board of Trial Advocates is a national association of experienced trial lawyers and judges dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the civil jury trial right provided by the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Membership is by invitation, only. To become a member you must have succcessfully handled multiple trials and be nominated by your peers. There are less than 100 memebers in the Ohio Chapter of ABOTA
- Ohio Association of Justice
- Board Member
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Personal Injury