Steven A. Harms is a partner in Muller, Muller, Richmond, Harms & Myers, with offices in Birmingham, Grand Rapids and Traverse City, Michigan.Steve is a frequent lecturer and an author in addition to being a full time collection attorney. He also teaches in the MBA program at Walsh College, Troy, Michigan, live and online (winning an outstanding instructor award for online).Publications include many articles and seminar materials plus chapters of books including Michigan Basic Practice Handbook and Michigan Business Formbook.
He co-authored International Commercial Secured Transactions with David Franklin, published 2010 by Thomson Reuters Publishing, a look at secured transactions around the world, with each country's requirements included.
He is also sole author of the following books:
Handling the Collection Case in Michigan, ICLE, revised, 4th Edition 2009, a 700 page comprehensive book covering all aspects of creditor's rights, all rules, cases and statutes cited.
Credit and Collections Kit for Dummies (Dummies Series), Wiley Publishing, 2009. a 360 page collector's or credit manager's guide to all aspects of extending credit and collecting past due obligations, with how-to check lists and hundreds (yes, hundreds) of forms!
He is also listed in “Who’s Who in American Law” (since 1985) and Michigan Super Lawyers in Creditor’s Rights (since 2008) by the publishers of “Law and Politics.”
Michigan Super Lawyers 2010
Michigan Super Lawyers 2009
Michigan Super Lawyers 2008
Michigan Super Lawyers 2007
Certifications and Credentials
American Board of Certification
- State Bar of Michigan, IACC, Commercial Law League, Walsh College
- Frequent speaker on various debt collection topics, author, and Adjunct Professor, Walsh College, Troy MI
- International Commercial Secured Transactions
- Thomson Carswell
- Board Certified in Creditors Rights
- American Board of Certification
- Online Instructor of the Year
- Alliance for Excellence in Online Education
- International Association of Commercial Collectors
- - Current
- Activities: Frequent speaker on collection topics
- Commercial Law League of America
- - Current
- Activities: Speaker
- Free Consultation
Free Consultation and strategy session to map out a plan of action. This, combined with contingency fees in most cases, means no fee unless we recover money for you!
- Contingent Fees
Fees contingent upon recovery for our clients.