Free Consultation: (850) 502-9724Tap to Call This Lawyer
Terrence H Thorgaard

Terrence H Thorgaard

  • Bankruptcy, Business Law, Estate Planning ...
  • Alaska, Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I was born and raised in Fairbanks, Alaska, where I practiced law from 1977. I was a municipal attorney for the first part of my legal career, and then switched to private practice. I conducted a general private law practice, with emphasis in civil litigation and bankruptcy. I also taught several college-level courses relating to various aspects of the law. In 2004, my family and I moved to Florida and have been here ever since. From 2011 to 2015 I worked for another lawyer in Walton County, assisting him in his office, especially with scheduling of attendance at real estate foreclosure hearings in behalf of secured creditors. I was admitted to the Florida bar in 2016.

University of Alaska - Fairbanks
B.A. (1973) | History
University of Alaska - Fairbanks Logo
University of Puget Sound
Placeholder image for education.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Court of Claims
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District (& Bankruptcy) Court - Northern District of Florida
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District (& Bankruptcy) Court, District of Alaska
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Tax Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Municipal Law
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Tax Law
    Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
Additional Practice Areas
  • General Civil
  • Aviation Law
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. What motion is recommended when I missed a civil court date? Pro se defendant & didn't receive e-notice of hearing date.
A: You could call your motion "Motion to set Aside Order Denying Motion to Dismiss", or something like that. It doesn't much matter what you call it; more important is that you clearly state what you want and why. Contact the judge's judicial assistant for a date and time for the new hearing and be sure to send notice of the new hearing on the opposing party (and also include proof of such notice with your filed motion).
Q. What does satisfaction of judgment book 6285 page 1896 mean? It was on my case page online.
A: The judgment was recorded, so as to constitute a lien on whatever real property you might own. A satisfaction of judgment means that the judgment has been paid. The recording of the satisfaction means that any real property is now free of any such lien.
Q. Ex-husband being foreclosed on in FL. I'm on deed, but NOT on mortgage. How does this affect me?
A: It means that the mortgage can be foreclosed despite your interest in the property. The property can be sold pursuant to an order of the court and in the very rare possibility that the property sells for more than is owed, you would be entitled to a portion of the excess. You are being notified because, since you are on the deed, you have an interest in the property.
View More Answers
Social Media
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
51 Cross Creek Circle
Freeeport, FL 32439
Cell: (850) 502-9724