*MASSACHUSETTS ATTORNEY SERVING CENTRAL & EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS:
Member of the Bar of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, Massachusetts Appeals Court, U.S. District Court (D.Mass.), Massachusetts Superior & District Courts and
The Supreme Court of The United States of America.
- Federal & state agencies including:
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD), Mass. Appellate Tax Board,
Mass. EOLWD -Dept. of Unemployment Assistance (DUA).
*AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE AND EDUCATION:
- Disability Law (ADA, The Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Mass.G.L.c. 151B) - Federal Lawsuits
- Employment Law in the Public & Private Sectors...including Discrimination, Wrongful Termination,
Retaliation, Wage & Hour claims.
- Civil Matters in Federal & State Courts of Massachusetts - also at Administrative
Agencies, Councils or Boards on the local, municipal, regional, state & federal levels.
- Employment & Housing Discrimination
- Constitutional Law - Federal & State Litigation and Procedures
- Corporations, Partnerships, LLCs, LLPs & Limited Partnerships - Non-Profit Organizations
- Realty and Asset Management Trusts - Asset & Title Searches
- Advanced Entrepreneurial Planning - Private Investment Offerings - Organization & Finance
- Shareholder Disputes & Officer / Director Responsibilities
- Property Acquisitions & Mergers
- Zoning - Land Use and Planning
- Entertainment Law & Contracts
- Consumer Rights - Personal Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents,
Defective Products, Medical Malpractice
- Estate Planning - Wills & Trusts - Special Needs Planning
- American Legal History - Legislation Analysis
ATTORNEY ABDOW IS A PUBLIC SPEAKER AVAILABLE TO TALK ON:
-1st & 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS - CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
- DISABILITY LAW - EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION & RETALIATION
- CIVIL RIGHTS - LEGAL HISTORY
- DANIEL SHAYS' REBELLION!
- Western New England University School of Law
- J.D. (1989) | Corporate - Business Planning & Finance, Labor Law - Public & Private Sector, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Real Estate, Employment Discrimination, Disability Law, Legislation & Legal History, Federal Civil Litigation & Rights
- Activities: Won Second Year "Moot Court" Competition
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- B.A. (1982) | Education, Psychology, Sociology, Public Speaking, Natural Sciences, Fine Arts, Art History
- Massachusetts State Bar # 553738
- - Current
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Free Consultation
- One half hour maximum for potential client to describe their problem or legal need. - Sometimes may consider and may review written materials related to potential client problem / representation. - No actual representation begins unless Attorney Client Fee and Representation Agreement (or similar) signed by client and attorney with client payment of initial Lawyer's fee retainer and usually a seperate legal costs / expense retainer.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Out of court rates begin at $100.00 per hour. In court, hearings, depositions, trials, negotiations begin at $175.00 per hour. Advance Lawyer's Fees paid by client in consideration of the exclusive representation of the client are often required. Non lawyer fees such as litigation costs, travel costs, expenses are required in advance by separate expense retainer payments. Minimum charges of $700.00 per half day (4 hours or less) / $1,050.00 full day (up to 6 hours) for hearings, negotiations or other litigation or settlement events requiring lawyer representation. Travel costs including possible or necessary overnight costs are additional for travel more than one hour from Pittsfield, MA.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Civil Rights
- Consumer Law
- Employment Law
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Intellectual Property
- Landlord Tenant
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
- Securities Law
- Abdow Law