Wendy Ellen ZichtLaw Office of Wendy E. Zicht, dedicated to resolving family disputes
- Divorce, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation ...
Awarded "Best of 2018 Tacoma Divorce Lawyer." I have been a lawyer for over 28 years, because I thoroughly enjoy helping others. From January 2011 to April 2013, I served as a Pierce County Superior Court Commissioner. I presided over family law, probate/estate, guardianship, mental illness, juvenile court, landlord tenant, mortgage foreclosure, and other matters. I chose to leave the bench and to return to private practice. I missed directly helping others. I still occasionally serve as a Pierce County Superior Court Commissioner Pro Tempore.
I assist my clients primarily with divorce, legal separation, child custody, and child support issues. I represent clients in high conflict litigation as well as in collaborative matters. I also serve as a mediator. My prior experience as a mental health social worker and my mediation skills are essential to helping others to handle stress and to focus on long-term goals.
Serving on the bench has sharpened my ability to present an objective perspective and to assist a potential client in evaluating outcomes. I provide an initial one-half hour free consultation. I charge any additional time based upon my prorated hourly rate. My goals is to advise you on the the relevant laws and court processes relevant to the issue at hand. I want you to leave my office with an action plan.
I have served as President of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association, President of the Family Law Section of that Association, and as Trustee of both boards for many years. I continue to be involved with a variety of boards and committees. When I am not busy with clients or professional activities, I enjoy time with my husband, our many pets, and my piano.
- Washington State Courts Judicial College
- Certificate of Completion (2011)
- University of Puget Sound
- J.D. (1991) | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude Am Jur Award for the Study of Evidence
- Ohio State University - Columbus
- Bachelor of Science in Social Welfare, School of Social Work (1984)
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Washington State Bar  # 21219
- - Current
- Federal Court, Western District of Washington
I provide an initial 1/2 hour free consultation. I prorate my hourly rate for any additional time.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Regular hourly rate is $250 for myself and $175.00 for my associate, Nicole Pryor.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Parenting Plans
- Collaborative Law