Free Consultation: (832) 781-0320Tap to Call This Lawyer
Yanine Dominique Krohn

Yanine Dominique Krohn

  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Whether providing representation in a simple divorce or a highly contested child custody matter, Yanine dedicates herself to securing superior results for every client. In addition to be an assertive and zealous advocate for her clients, she brings an unmatched compassion and sensitivity to meet her clients’ needs.

Yanine has devoted her career to helping families and children in difficult legal situations. She enjoys assisting her clients resolve a wide range of issues relating to family law. Yanine has experience with all phases of litigation, including case evaluation, management, discovery, advocacy, settlement, and trial.

In addition to her trial work, Yanine has successfully litigated matters before the Texas First Court of Appeals. Despite the varied complexity of issues that may arise, Yanine’s goal is always the same – to navigate clients through their legal journey effectively and efficiently.

Yanine was selected as a Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2020 and 2021. Yanine is also a member of the Texas Bar College. Yanine is also a member of the Harris County Bar Association, Fort Bend County Bar Association, and Austin County Bar Association.

Yanine is originally from El Paso, Texas and is fluent in Spanish. Through practicing in an area as diverse as the Greater Houston area, Yanine understands the importance of communicating directly with her Spanish-speaking clients to help them navigate through their family law matters. Yanine is committed to helping her community and volunteers with the Houston Bar Association Legal Line.

Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. (2013)
Honors: Deans List
Placeholder image for education.
University of Texas - San Antonio
B.A. (2010) | Geography
University of Texas - San Antonio Logo
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Torres Law Group, P.C.
Associate Attorney
The Brown Law Group, P.L.L.C
Guardian Ad Litem Certification
State Bar of Texas
Texas Bar College
State Bar of Texas
2022 Rising Star
Super Lawyers
2021 Rising Star
Super Lawyers
2020 Houston Top Lawyer
H Texas Magazine
2020 Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas  # 24090217
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    The cost for your consultation is $180.00. If you choose to retain our firm after your initial consultation, this one-time fee will be discounted from your retainer. My hourly rate is $300.00.
Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Juvenile Law
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Separated wife needed break so she took trip to Tennessee but took my son to her mother's but didn'tgivemeoptiontokeep
A: I would strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with an attorney in your area. Whenever anyone wants to have orders specifying their rights and duties to their children, those orders have to be issued by a court with jurisdiction (i.e. authority to make orders that affect your life). A court has jurisdiction if the child has resided in that state for a period of no less than 6 months before the filing of the law suit. There is the possibility that if your wife goes and stays in Tennessee for at least 6 months Tennessee will become your child's home state, and any orders detailing your rights and duties to your child would have to be made by a Tennessee court. These types of issues can make cases costly and difficult. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a lawyer in your area in order to fully discuss your options and rights.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Cypress Office
8118 Fry Road, Suite 501
Cypress, TX 77433
Notice: By Appointment Only.
Hunt Law Firm, PLLC
23212 Red River Drive
Katy, TX 77494
Telephone: (832) 781-0320
Fax: (832) 371-6091
Notice: Primary Office.