Free Consultation: (213) 534-7769Tap to Call This Lawyer
Yelena Gurevich

Yelena Gurevich

years of experience fighting for consumers and their rights
  • Bankruptcy, Arbitration & Mediation, Collections ...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I am the principal attorney at YG Legal Firm. I am a graduate of the University of Southern California with a Bachelors in Philosophy as well as a Minor in History and Communications and obtained my Juris Doctorate from Thomas Jefferson School of Law.

I have been a licensed California attorney since 2010 and am licensed to practice in the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern California federal courts.

As an active member of CAALA and NACA, I partner with other attorneys that fight for the rights of every consumer to help achieve the best results possible for my clients.

I offer free consultations.

Thomas Jefferson School of Law
J.D. (2018) | Law
Thomas Jefferson School of Law Logo
University of Southern California
B.A. (2015) | Philosophy
University of Southern California Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of California  # 269487
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Attorneys
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 269487
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a 30 minute free consultation.
  • Contingent Fees
    Certain cases may qualify for contingency fee agreements.
Practice Areas
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Foreclosure Defense
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken
Legal Answers
Q. I purchased used carbut I want to return it. Called me to resign contract. Can I return at this point
A: You cannot buy a car and then decide you want to return it. However, the dealer can sell you a car and if they cannot find you financing within 10 days, then they can ask for the car back and cancel the contract. The dealer cannot make you sign a new contract. So if you are in this position, (i.e. the dealer cannot find financing), then you give the dealer 2 options: 1) you return the car and the contract is cancelled; or 2) the dealer becomes your finance company. Make these offers in writing and get a written response from the dealer.
Q. In 2018 i was hit with a bankruptcy on my credit report that is not mine . How can I remove it
A: you need to send a dispute letter to each credit bureau, identifying yourself clearly, and disputing the entry on your credit. The credit bureaus will then need to investigate and remove the entry. If they do not, you may have a case against them and at that point you will want to contact a lawyer that practices consumer protection law. For the dispute, go to and follow the steps. Do not dispute online... always send a written dispute by mail.
Q. I sold a house by owner. I have no real estate agent but the buyers have. Closing was on 4/21 but buyer failed because
A: it depends. more facts are needed and you need to speak directly with an attorney that handles real estate transactions law. you may end up having to pay more (to an attorney, court fees, and in you are in break then damages to the other side) to fight the sale over a 5 day difference so the real question is what is your reason for wanting to cancel the sale since it is now complete? you may have to consult with an attorney directly before you do anything else.
View More Answers
Social Media
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
YG Legal Firm
3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
Suite 800
Studio City, CA 91604
Telephone: (213) 534-7769
Monday: Open 24 hours
Tuesday: Open 24 hours (Today)
Wednesday: Open 24 hours
Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: Open 24 hours
Saturday: Open 24 hours
Sunday: Open 24 hours