Constance Nelson Zarkowski
- Employment Law, Arbitration & Mediation
Constance Zarkowski received her Juris Doctor from Ventura College of Law and was admitted to practice law July 5, 2000. With a strong background in the health insurance profession, law became a second career. Her practice encompasses employment and labor law, representing employees in wrongful termination and discrimination actions under the Fair Employment and Housing Act, with a special focus on sexual harassment cases. She also represents plaintiffs with health insurance issues, working diligently to resolve them with the carrier, but not hesitating to litigate when the facts justify a civil action.
Constance has been a licensed California Life and Health Insurance agent since 1978. In her various positions with the National Association of Health Underwriters, Constance participated in personal meetings, “think- tanks” and conferences with California legislators, U.S. Senators and Congresspersons dealing with health insurance reforms on both state and national levels. She received many awards for her consumer activities. She has made herself available to other attorneys as an expert consultant on the subject of health insurance issues.
Because of her varied background and experience in dealing with legal disputes, Constance completed mediation training with California State University, Dominguez Hills and is available to mediate cases involving health insurance and employment disputes.
- Ventura College of Law
- Juris Doctor (1999)
- ACA Health Reform, Annual Meeting, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Ventura County Legal Professionals Association
- Regular update of the status of national health insurance reforms.
- Ventura County Legal Aid, Inc.
- Pro Bono Mediator civil harassment
- - Current
- Activities: Mediate civil harassment cases for Superior Court
- California State Bar  # 208004
- - Current
- American Inns of Court
- - Current
- National Association of Health Underwriters
- Associate Chair - Legislative Council
I will give a one-half hour phone consultation followed by a free one-half hour in-person consultation if the facts warrant further investigation. There is no charge for an initial mediation consult.
I accept contingent fees for employment law cases, and for health insurance cases only if the case requires litigation. Most health insurance cases require investigation, communication with the carrier and/or administrator, or coordination with the Department of Managed Health Care. These cases are handled on an hourly fee basis which is negotiated.
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Health Insurance Law
- Health Insurance Claims
- Health Insurance Bad Faith
- Sexual Harassment
- Employment discrimination
- Employee Misclassification
- Wage and Hour Claims