- University of Missouri - Columbia
- J.D. (1980) | Law
- Tenth African American law student to have graduated in MU's 107 year history.
- Activities: Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity; Black Law Student Association; first Graduate Research Assistant for the MU Black Studies Program;
- Equity Partner, Senior of Counsel, Business Owner
- Privatre Practice of Law
- - Current
- Worked for two of the largest law firms in the United States before forming his own law firm.
- City Counselor
- Office of the City Counselor
- Lead attorney for the City of St. Louis, Missouri. Directed a staff of approximately 40 attorneys as well as attorneys at a dozen different outside law firms. First City Counselor in recent memory to actually try a jury trial while serving as City Counselor. Shepherded the litigation that resulted in clearing the way for the expansion of Lambert International Airport.
- Corporate Counsel
- Seigel Robert, Inc.
- Corporate counsel for a St. Louis based manufacturing company with over 8,000 employees in thirteen locations in the United States, Europe and Asia. Supervised and occasionally first chaired litigation. Provided counseling for employment matters.
- Trial Lawyer, primarily defending the Burlington Northern Railroad Company.
- Private Practice of Law
- Primarily defended what was at that time known as the Burlington Northern Railroad Company with personal injury, property damage and breach of contract lawsuits in Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois.
- Assistant Circuit Attorney
- Office of the Circuit Attorney
- Tried dozens of jury trials and hundreds of bench trials while working as a State Prosecutor. Presented over 500 cases before various grand juries. Became a member of the Felony Trial Staff.
- Assistant General Counsel
- Missouri Public Service Commission
- Handled utility, and transportation litigation at the Commission, state, and federal levels before regulatory bodies, and state and federal trial and appellate courts.
- The Business Case for Diversity in Large Law Firms
- Mound City News
- Record Retention Policies for Human Resources Departments
- The Practical Lawyer, Published by the American Bar Association-American Law Institute Committee on Continuing Professional Education, Volume 49, Number 2
- Certified Consulting Hypnotist
- National Guild of Hypnotists
- Hall of Honor Awardee
- Lutheran High School North
- Alumni Hall of Fame
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater St. Louis
- Selected as a former Boys and Girls Club member who has achieved significant community or professional accomplishments.
- Bringewatt Social Justice Award
- Lutheran Family and Children's Services
- Awarded for contributions to social justice for the community in general and members of the Lutheran Church in particular.
- Super Lawyer
- Missouri Kansas Super Lawyer
- Selected by peers to join a group composing of more than 5% of the lawyers in any given state. Awarded most years from 2005 to the present.
- Gains Since Gaines
- MU School of Law
- Included as part of a permanent display at the MU School of Law for being one of the early African American graduates who went on to achieve superior professional accomplishments.
- Equal Justice Award
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri
- Awarded for assisting with policy change and development to assist members of undeserved communities to receive equal justice under the law.
- 100 Leaders for the New Millenium
- St. Louis Business Journal
- Selected as one of the top 100 leaders in the St. Louis area.
- AV Rating
- Martindale Hubbell
- Awarded Martindale Hubbell's highest designation for professionalism and ethics for every year since 1997.
- Who's Who in America & Who's Who in American Law
- Listed in various editions of both Who's Who in America and Who's Who in American Law during the past twenty-five years.
- Distinguished Alumni Award
- University of Missouri St. Louis
- Recognized for being an alumni who has made significant contributions to the St. Louis area.
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6197156
- 7th Circuit
- 8th Circuit
- 10th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Limited to thirty minutes to give both the attorney and the prospective client the opportunity to determine if we would be a good fit. Employment law services are limited to employers only. Subject to change without notice.
Credit Cards Accepted
As well as Pay Pal, Cash App, and Apple Pay.
On rare occasions where liability and substantial damages are reasonably clear.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I strive to become the type of person I would want to hire if I needed an attorney.
- Employment Law
Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills