Free Consultation: (256) 539-8686Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Hunter Garnett

I help people every day and I love it.
  • Personal Injury
  • Alabama
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I grew up as the oldest of seven children on family’s farm in Danville, Alabama in Morgan County. On the farm, I learned the importance of hard work. Somewhere along the way, I also learned that I love to help people. That's why I am a lawyer today. I love to help.

I'm married to a wonderful woman from Hartselle, Alabama. We were married in 2015 while I attended law school. Hannah is a dermatology CRNP in Huntsville.

I went to college at Mississippi State and law school at Samford. I worked hard to earn good grades and graduated law school at the top of my class with honors. I was also very involved in countless clubs in college and law school while also working part-time. I was elected to quite a few leadership roles, such as president of my fraternity at MSU, representative and treasurer of the student bar association in law school, a member of the mock trial team in law school, and a bunch of agricultural organizations like FFA, Ag Econ Club, etc.

After law school, I worked for a law firm in Huntsville, Alabama for four and a half years where I represented victims of bad accidents. In December of 2021, I started my own law firm where I represent folks who are being mistreated by insurance companies.

In my free time, I ride horses and spend time outside on my mini farm. I also play a lot of pickup basketball to stay in shape.

Helping people is my passion in life. I wake up every morning excited to go to work because I get to help folks.

Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
J.D. (2017) | Law
Honors: Graduated with honors; National Trial Team; National Arbitration Team; Treasurer of Student Bar Association; President of Federalist Society
Cumberland School of Law, Samford University Logo
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Garnett Patterson Injury Lawyers
- Current
Trial Attorney
Warren & Simpson, PC
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
The selection process for the Rising Stars list is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process, with one exception: to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
The selection process for the Rising Stars list is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process, with one exception: to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
Professional Associations
Alabama State Bar  # 1680H12S
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Alabama State Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Garnett Patterson Injury Lawyers offer free consultations for all accident and injury related cases.
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Area
    Personal Injury
    Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. What are the options when you're involved in an accident with a driver whose license is suspended and uninsured?
A: You have several possible claims against three possible defendants. Realistically, your recovery is likely limited by the amount of insurance that is available. I'll break down each of your possible claims, but you probably only care about the practical advice so I'll start there. If you have bodily injuries, you may be able to make a claim for uninsured motorist coverage and/or medical payments coverage on YOUR automobile insurance. Open up your auto insurance app on your phone and look for a list of your coverages. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, then you can make a claim for any bodily injuries. Your claim can include compensatory damages: medical expenses, lost wages, pain & suffering, and mental anguish. Your claim can also include punitive damages. You will likely need a lawyer to maximize the value of your uninsured motorist claim. If you have medical payments coverage, you can make a claim to be reimbursed for medical bills. If you have collision coverage, you should file your property damage claim through your insurance. Here are some of your possible claims against all defendants: 1) You can make negligence and wanton conduct claims against the at-fault driver. However, if the driver is uninsured then you likely will not be able to collect your damages against the driver. 2) You can make a claim for negligent entrustment against the owner of the vehicle. There are several elements to negligent entrustment. You would have to prove that the at-fault driver was incompetent to drive (this is usually proven through the admission of traffic violations, drug/alcohol history, or prior accidents), the owner of the vehicle knew or should have known that the driver was incompetent, and the owner of the vehicle allowed the driver to operate the vehicle. 3) Uninsured motorist claim against YOUR auto insurance. This is a common scenario in Alabama. Alabama has one of the highest rates of uninsured drivers at 19.5%. So basically 1 in 5 Alabama drivers is uninsured. An experienced Alabama personal injury lawyer can help you through the process of filing an uninsured motorist claim.
Q. I am buying a tibetan mastiff with an invisible fence on my 30 acre property if it bites a trespassing dog am I liable
A: Generally, no. A dog owner is not liable if the dog attacks another dog that comes on the dog owner's property without the property owner/dog owner's permission. If you were sued for damages and lost the case, the damages would be limited to the vet bills for the injured dog or the replacement value of the injured dog. Additionally, your homeowner's insurance will likely defend and indemnify you if you are sued for damages caused by your dog.
Q. If I was injured on a company's property can I seek legal action I lost function of my right hand because of this
A: You may have a claim against the driver of the truck and his automobile liability insurance. That would be an easier case than trying to sue the company who owns the apartment complex. In the event that the driver's insurance denies the claim, you may also have a valid claim against your automobile insurance carrier for uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage.
View More Answers
Social Media
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Garnett Patterson Injury Lawyers
100 Jefferson Street South
Suite 300
Huntsville, AL 35801
Toll-Free: (256) 539-8686
Telephone: (256) 539-8686
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed