Free Consultation: (616) 784-1700Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jeremy B. Shephard

Jeremy B. Shephard

USADebt Bankruptcy Attorneys
  • Bankruptcy
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I file bankruptcies for individuals under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of Bankruptcy Code. I have filed hundreds of cases with positive results. Additionally, I've taken the time get board certified in this specialty so members of the public can rest assured that I understand what I'm doing.

Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
J.D. (2006) | Law
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School Logo
Olivet College
B.A. (2005) | Insurance, Business Administration
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
USADebt Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
Chapter 7 and Chapter consumer bankruptcy work.
Associate Attorney
Fresh Start Legal Group
Chapter 7 and Chapter consumer bankruptcy work.
Speaking Engagements
Speaker, WDMI Bankruptcy Boot Camp, Grand Rapids, MI
Client Intake
Board Certification - Consumer Bankruptcy
ABC Certification
Professional Associations
WDMI Federal Bar Association: Bankruptcy Steering Committee
Commitee Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Debtors Bar of West Michigan
Board Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
Practice Area
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. How much can a trustee take?
A: I would recommend discussing any questions you have with your attorney. If you are a 100% Chapter 13 plan then you won't be obligated to pay more than all the creditors that file claims, the trustee commission, and your attorney's fees. There may be a small interest component paid to your creditors as well. Your attorney will be able to provide additional details pertinent to your situation.
Q. How long should I wait before filing chapter 7 after having removed my name from my elderly mothers savings account?
A: A portion of the petition you'll complete to file for bankruptcy protection called the Statement of Financial Affairs will require that you disclose any financial accounts you were on within the last year. I agree with Attorney Keyes that you may not have to delay in filing your case at all if you can show the money was your mothers. A Chapter 7 trustee will have questions regarding the matter but proper documentation should help resolve it.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Grand Rapids Office
866 3 Mile Road NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
Telephone: (616) 784-1700
Fax: (616) 784-5392
Big Rapids Office
150 S Stewart Ave
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Telephone: (231) 629-4900
Kalamazoo Office
5955 W Main St
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Telephone: (269) 743-1131
Lansing Office
115 W. Allegan #700
Lansing, MI 48933
Telephone: (517) 325-0663
Muskegon Office
1657 S Getty St Ste 44
Muskegon, MI 49442
Telephone: (231) 720-0192