Civil Litigation, General Business, Contract Disputes, Appeals, Family Law, Employment Law, Construction Law
Mary Hahn has honed her skills in the courtroom over the last 25 years, specializing in civil litigation and appellate law, in particular multi-party business litigation, construction law, business contract disputes and divorce proceedings.
She practices in State District Courts and in Federal Court. She has substantial appellate law experience. She serves as the firm’s primary practitioner at the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION
Prior to moving to Northfield in 2000, Hahn practiced law at the Atlanta construction law firm of Shapiro, Fussel, Wedge, Smotherman, Martin & Price.
Hahn graduated in 1993 from the University of North Carolina School of Law in Chapel Hill, with Honors, is a published author, and was on the North Carolina Law Review. She received her undergraduate degree, also with Honors, from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor in 1990.
Hahn’s colleagues credit her for detailed preparation, as well as her clear and effective presentation in Court. “I am confident in my ability to anticipate the twists that litigation may take, while advocating aggressively for my client,” she says.
Hahn teaches legal seminars through Community Education on topics such as real estate, buying and selling a home, employment law and tips for small business owners. Hahn is a proud member of the Northfield Rotary Club. She presently serves on the Legal and Compliance Team for North Star Rotary, working with in-bound and out-bound Rotary Youth Exchange students. Hahn served as President of the Board of the Northfield Arts Guild, and President of the Board of League of Women Voters, Northfield-Cannon Falls. She served on the board of the Northfield Fine Arts Boosters (NFAB), and Women in Northfield Giving Support (WINGS). She served as president of the Rice County Bar Association.
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- J.D. (1993)
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Activities: North Carolina Law Review; legal defense clinic; moot court
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- B.A. (1990) | History
- Honors: High Honors
- Associate Attorney
- Shapiro, Fussell, Wedge, Smotherman & Martin
- Construction litigation firm in midtown Atlanta, Georgia
- From State v. Alston to State v. Hardy: A New Way to Define Constructive Force as an Element of Second-Degree Rape in North Carolina
- North Carolina Law Review
- Speaker, Women in Law, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Hosted by Beta Alpha Rho legal fraternity
- Minnesota State Bar
- 5th District Bar Association
- - Current
- Rice County Bar Association
- member and past president
- - Current
- American Bar Association
- - Current
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Our firm's fee structure is discussed in detail at the first consultation. Our firm offers 30 minute initial consultations for a $100 flat fee. Call today to schedule your consultation with Mary Hahn
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
- Personal Injury