- Civil Rights, Employment Law, Gov & Administrative Law ...
After years of practice at one of the world’s largest law firms, the California Court of Appeal, Orange County District Attorney’s Office, and the United States Department of Justice, Mr. Zandi joined with his mentor, friend, and one of California’s leading trial lawyers, Shawn Steel, to form Steel Zandi, APLC.
Mr. Zandi is nationally recognized as one of the leading experts in Qui Tam and state and federal whistleblower litigation and policy. While serving as an assistant United States attorney with the United States Department of Justice, Mr. Zandi led the DOJ’s Affirmative Civil Enforcement Task Force (ACE). As director of the ACE task force, Mr. Zandi led the investigation and litigation of all whistleblower claims and Qui Tam litigation, through which he recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for taxpayers
Mr. Zandi also served on the U.S. DOJ White Collar Crime Task Force, receiving special training in DOJ enforcement polices, integrity reporting, deferred prosecution agreements, independent monitoring, and coordination with the SEC, FTC, FBI, OIGs, and state agencies. As an expert, Mr. Zandi taught courses on jury selection and Qui Tam litigation at the DOJ’s National Advocacy Center.
In recognition of his expertise and efforts, Mr. Zandi was nominated by the president and the attorney general to serve as associate attorney general for the Office of Special Counsel at the U.S. DOJ in 2006. Mr. Zandi gained experience in appellate advocacy while serving as a law clerk for the Honorable David Sills, Presiding Justice of the California Court of Appeals, 4th District, 3rd Division and the Orange County District Attorney’s office.
Mr. Zandi is a passionate and fearless trial lawyer with extensive trial experience, having been before a jury in more than 40 cases in both state and federal courts. He serves as a regular guest columnist for the largest national legal newspaper, The Daily Journal, publishing five articles related to various Qui Tam and whistleblower laws. Mr. Zandi has also been selected by the Super Lawyer Magazine as a Rising Star every year since 2008.
- Univ of California Irvine
- Undergraduate Degree
- Pepperdine Univ School of Law
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 203329
- - Current
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- False Claims
- Whistleblowers/Qui Tam