Profile Image Placeholder

Megan R. House

  • Divorce, Criminal Law, Family Law ...
  • Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Professional Associations
State Bar of Tennessee  # 33359
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tennessee Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Association of Women Attorneys
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Legal Answers
Q. didn't turn driving school papers in before ticket was due. They wouldn't let turn in and had to pay ticket now.
A: He could have taken care of this, but he chose not to. Allowing someone to do driving school to keep a ticket off their record is not a right, it is an agreement between your son and the State. He didn't follow through with his part of the agreement, so they no longer have to honor theirs. He asked the judge, who had the authority to accept the driving school certificate and dismiss the ticket, and the judge held him to his agreement to do driving school and show proof of completion by certain date, he failed to do so and now he has to pay the ticket.
Q. How do i report a male sex offender that is having a relationshio with a 12 year old boy?
A: You need to report it to the police immediately. You are not responsible for proving it, that is the police department's job. When you report it to the police, you may ask that your identify be kept confidential, and they may or may not do so. You could report it to the child abuse hotline, those calls are confidential. The investigation will not be kept confidential, the police will do what they need to to investigate the claims and they will determine how to go about it.
Q. My father passed away last month and I am a heir so why do I have to supenna the attorney for a copy of the will?
A: It sounds like you may not be a beneficiary under the will. If you were then you would have been contacted by the attorney or your sister to let you know that you are a beneficiary and what share you would receive. If he said that you need to a subpoena the will in order to see it, then you should do that.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Attorney Website
Firm Website
Contact & Map
Divorce Attorney
299 Walnut Bend Rd
Suite 100
Cordova, TN 38018
Telephone: (901) 522-0111