PETERSON | Law
580 Washington Street, Newton, MA 02458
66 North Street, P.O. Box 358, Medfield, MA 02052.
Law practice emphasizing (1) litigation, (2) real estate/land use, and (3) estate planning/administration. Litigation experience across a broad spectrum - personal injury, consumer, business, employment, will and probate contests, landlord tenant, collections, construction, and contract disputes. Formerly a partner in Freeto, Peterson & Scoll 1984 - 2006.
• AV rated since 1988 (“Very High to Preeminent” attorney) by fellow lawyers, per Martindale-Hubbell (http://martindale.com). (“An AV rating is a significant accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.”)
• Rated a “Superb” attorney by AVVO,com
• First listed in Who's Who in American Law in 1987
• First listed in Who's Who in America in 1999
• First listed in Who’s Who in the East in1998
• First listed in Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders in America in 1988
• “Pete’s” - the Store at Lasell Village - named and dedicated June 2000
• Selectman, Medfield, MA, 2000 - present. Chair 2002-2003, 2005-2006, 2008-2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2015, 2017-2018.
• Medfield Zoning Board of Appeals, Medfield, MA, 1994 - 2000.
• Medfield Foundation, Inc., Medfield, MA, 2001 - present. Cofounder of community foundation that has raised over $2,000,000 for public purposes in Medfield.
• Medfield Day, ran the town’s annual street fair four times and enlarged it substantially.
• Medfield Night Fireworks, started in 2001 and ran until 2009.
• Lasell Village, Inc., Newton, MA. Director 1990 - 2008. Chair 1992 - 2000, clerk 2004 - 2008.
• Riverside Community Care, Inc., Dedham, MA, a community mental health agency - Director 1977 - 1996, Clerk 1978-84, President 1984-89.
• Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham, Director 2001 - 2005.
• Brown University Alumni interviewer
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. (1976)
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Brown University
- B.A. (1969) | International Relations
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- - Current
- American Association for Justice
- - Current
- 1st Circuit
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Real Estate Law