Free Consultation: (734) 662-1590Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Robert Keyes

Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
  • Bankruptcy, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets ...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Wayne State University Law School
J.D. (2005) | Law
Wayne State University Law School Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
M.S.E. (1976) | Computer, Information, & Control Engineering
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
B.S. (1967) | Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering
Honors: Tau Beta Pi
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Professional Experience
Solo attorney
Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
- Current
Assistant City Attorney
City of Ann Arbor
Professional Associations
Michigan State Bar  # 68856
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Up to an hour for all matters.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Credit cards accepted for non-bankruptcy matters. Debit cards accepted for all representations. Cards can be accepted over the phone.
Practice Areas
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Foreclosure Defense
Legal Answers
Q. What happens if you don’t turn in your tax return and/or refund on a chapter 13 bankruptcy?
A: You should turn in returns ASAP and contact your attorney if you have one. Otherwise contact the trustee and own up to your mistake. It will only get worse if you ignore it and your case will get dismissed if you don’t makes it up somehow.
Q. I’m in a chapter 13 in Michigan. The tax refund portion of my case is silent. Will I get a refund if so how much?
A: In the Eastern District of Michigan the standard plan requires you to turn over your refund. It is not a matter of the trustee grabbing it. The good news is you can always amend your plan to account for change of circumstances. Show expenses for any un-budgeted event such as job loss and you will probably be able to keep your refund or some part of it. You need to talk to your attorney (if you have one) about your various options.
Q. want to sue baker college for over charging me 30,000
A: Cannot even comment without a lot more information.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Main Office
300 North Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Cell: (734) 662-1590
Fax: (734) 786-0707