J. Scott Shirley is one of the owners of Popowski Callas & Shirley, P.A., and since 1995 has dedicated himself to the firm's Workers Compensation Practice and the representation of injured South Carolina workers and their families. Prior to attending law school at the University of South Carolina, Mr. Shirley worked as a roofer. His experience observing injured colleagues led him to the conclusion that no one was standing up for their rights; insurance companies and employers were backed by high-powered attorneys. His mission then became to put injured workers on equal legal footing with their employers.
Mr. Shirley graduated from Occidental College in Los Angeles, California. He has been practiced in the South Carolina state courts, the U.S. District court for the District of South Carolina, as well as before the South Carolina Workers' Compensation Commission.
He has tried numerous cases to a conclusion and has been a frequent speaker at legal seminars.
He is a member of the South Carolina Bar and Injured Workers' Advocates.
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- J.D. (1998)
- Occidental College
- B.A. (1990)
- Popowski Callas & Shirley, P.A.
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Injured Workers' Advocates
- South Carolina State Bar
- - Current
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- Free Consultation
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Popowski, Callas & Shirley, P.A. Website Profile
- Popowski, Callas & Shirley, P.A. Website
- Popowski, Callas & Shirley, P.A., Blog