Free Consultation: (727) 544-8819Tap to Call This Lawyer
Thomas Tripp

Thomas Tripp

  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Elder Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
University of Florida
J.D. | Law School
University of Florida Logo
University of Florida
University of Florida Logo
Professional Associations
Clearwater Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar  # 377597
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
Legal Answers
Q. What is the process for obtaining power of attorney?
A: Most of my clients are looking for a durable power of attorney as an advanced directive to enable them to pick who would Handle their financial affairs in the event they are unable to. These are usually discussed along with a health care surrogate document and a living will. Any lawyer that does estate planning or elder law as a practice will have a decent set of documents for you. Many offer a free consultation which should include discussing a will and or trust.
Q. Special verbiage for a CA will/trust if my dad has Florida property only in his name but is intended for me (daughter)?
A: Typically, the California lawyer would draft the trust, and you would get a Florida attorney to create a deed to put the property in the trust. The out of state lawyer would have you get an in state lawyer to handle that part.
Q. Mother died. Father survives. Her will left everything to him. All assets are joint. Is probate necessary/required?
A: If all assets with husband and wife are joint at the time of one of their deaths will usually call that a non Probate event - There are no assets that need to go anywhere.

You might want to speak with your mother’s lawyer just to make sure
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
4930 Park Boulevard
Suite 12
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Telephone: (727) 544-8819
Telephone: (727) 544-8819