Tyler motivates as a dedicated advocate, dynamic presenter and determined visionary. He brings exceptional speaking and negotiating skills along with a high level of focus, creativity and value to every case.
The Houston attorney handles a wide range of legal issues in the areas of business, commercial, contract, employment law, and personal injury. Mr. Boyd also serves as Staff Counsel for Houston Baptist University and General Counsel of Beechnut Street Inc. He is a member of the Houston Bar Association and the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA).
Tyler graduated from Texas Southern University, Cum laude, where he received his Juris Doctorate degree. Additionally, he earned a Masters in Communication degree from University of Louisiana at Monroe and an undergraduate degree from Bethany College (Kansas).
A four (4) time USA National Waterski Champion, he remains competitive in the sport and continues to compete across the United States. Tyler is also highly recognized announcer as the voice of the Master’s Water Ski Tournament presented by Nautique. During the football season he is a commentator on home radio for the HBU Huskies.
When not assisting his clients, he enjoys spending time with his wife and twin boys
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- J.D. (2014)
- University of Louisiana - Monroe
- M.A. (2008)
- Bethany College
- B.A. (2006) | Communication/Religion
- Houston Baptist University
- - Current
- Provide professional in-house legal services to support the University and its affiliates on matters arising within the day to day operations. Provides legal advice to the University President, VP’s, deans, department chairs, faculty and staff on a variety of legal matters, including intellectual property, risk management, employment matters, immigration, regulatory laws, liability issues, real estate, contracts, business and corporate matters. Maintains corporate records for the University and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including Beechnut Street, Inc., HB Housing Corp., HB Housing Partnership I, Ltd. and Bradshaw Recreation Center, Inc. Coordinates the presentation of web casts and audio conferences on legal topics of interest to faculty and staff. Facilitates discussions on the University’s current methods of addressing the issues raised in such presentations, and how to improve those methods to meet current legal requirements and the needs of students. Conducts investigations and oversees outside counsel in assigned legal and litigation matters. Works with the President’s assistant in drafting corporate resolutions, special recognition's, and degree presentations.
- General Counsel
- Beechnut Street Inc.
- - Current
- Oversees the preparation and assembly of, and timely distribution of, agendas and calendars for the Board of Directors and committee meetings including tracking new, referred, and postponed items and ensuring that all documents, reports and correspondence are accurate and complete; Coordinates the distribution of minutes and communicates pertinent actions or referrals to the Board or committee concerned; Assists the Board Secretary and provides administrative support in varied special administrative projects related to the work of the department and may represent the department in dealings with other departments and agencies; Performs office administrative support duties for the Board of Directors, or associated committees to which assigned.
- McCormick Boyd, PLLC
- - Current
- Houston Attorneys Mike McCormick and Tyler Boyd Individuals and businesses alike face complex challenges that require a partnership with competent counsel. The business environment in which we operate has placed a premium on effective legal counsel. Businesses must operate strategically and tactically to avoid the potholes that accompany any misstep. The legal services provided by Mike McCormick and Tyler Boyd extend beyond the analysis of applicable statutes and case law. We want to "walk a mile in your moccasins" and truly partner with you to solve your legal issues, from both a preventative standpoint and a solution perspective. Individuals encounter legal challenges from the moment they wake to the final minute before their heads hit the pillow. An accident or tragedy to a friend or loved one; an employment problem or opportunity; acquisition or sale of a home, realty, or personal property or securities; family discord or the death of a loved one each create unique legal challenges that only a trusted friend in the legal business can provide. Insurance companies owe duties defined by both case law and statutes. Our representation of carriers as well as our efforts to enforce their obligations on behalf of their insureds have given us a unique perspective of insurance coverages, property and casualty concerns, risk management and subrogation in a way that few firms can match. At McCormick and Boyd Law Firm we are committed to you-whether in your home or place of business. Click the "About You" tab and allow us to assist you in navigating the always changing and ever challenging legal waters of the 21st century
- State Bar of Texas # 24094555
- State Bar of Texas
- ID Number: 24094555
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Claims
- McCormick Boyd, PLLC