Profile Image Placeholder

Zachary Taylor Beck

  • Family Law, Divorce, Personal Injury ...
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Emory University School of Law
J.D. (2020)
Emory University School of Law Logo
University System of Georgia - University of Georgia
B.A. (2017) | Criminal Justice
University System of Georgia - University of Georgia Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Contested Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Personal Injury
    Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Criminal Law
    Drug Crimes, Gun Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
    Insurance Defense
Legal Answers
Q. I was in an accident and they only had $25,000 in coverage.I didn't have any additional coverage.Can I get lost wages
A: Assuming the other driver was at fault, you can still pursue lost wages against the at fault driver and recover any lost wages from the personal assets of the at fault driver. This is true regardless of the $25,000.00 in liability limits being exhausted to cover medical expenses, general damages, etc., and you not having underinsured motorist coverage. Of course, the issue often arises that the at fault driver is judgment proof, meaning he/she does not have any assets which you could recover any damages in excess of the $25,000.00 liability limits.
Q. Can I sue my parents for neglect/abuse from my childhood?
A: Most likely no. Georgia has a two year statute of limitations to bring civil claims arising from injuries to the person, which would include emotional distress. See O.C.G.A. section 9-3-33. Thus, any type of civil claim is likely time barred. Further, even if the statute of limitations would have been tolled until you turned 18 years old, your claims will still be time barred because you did not file suit within two years of turning 18.
Q. I have a dui and drug charge on my back ground I am wanting to see if I can get it Exsponged?
A: Georgia law does not allow expungement of DUI convictions or felony drug convictions. However, you may be able to expunge the drug conviction if it was for a misdemeanor offense. You would file a petition with the convicting court to request expungement. O.C.G.A. section 35-3-37(j)(4)(A) provides the process and requirements to petition for expungement of a misdemeanor conviction.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Stephen P. Woodard, LLC
701 Broad Street P.O. Box 547
Rome, GA 30161
Telephone: (706) 308-9679