Attorney Michael Day is a divorce and family law attorney and a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. He does not handle litigation. Rather, Attorney Day assists individuals and families with non–adversarial alternatives to divorce and family law matters. He uses quantitative analysis to guide the negotiation and settlement of financial matters in divorce and family disputes, rather than raw emotion and posturing that is present in contested litigation. Attorney Day mediates divorce and family law disputes, including property division, debt division, child support, alimony, custody and visitation. Attorney Day serves as a neutral third–party and provides a safe, warm and cooperative setting to fully discuss matters and guide clients to an agreed upon settlement.
Attorney Day is a former litigator, who has handled and won cases in both state and federal trial and appellate courts in Connecticut and other parts of the country. During his litigation career, Attorney Day won trial, appellate and international family law cases. He also served as a managing attorney of his firm, and trained numerous attorneys and staff, resulting in a team that set new legal precedent through state and federal litigation. During this time, Attorney Day also successfully mediated divorce and family law cases with a 100% success record. Motivated by the peaceful, amicable and lower cost alternatives to contested family law litigation, Attorney Day downsized his practice and now exclusively practices in the areas of divorce and family law mediation and consultation.
Michael is AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and chosen to Super Lawyers® by Thomson Reuters. These distinctions are bestowed on less than 5% of practicing attorneys. He was selected as American Institute of Family Law Attorneys–10 Best, and National Academy of Family Law Attorneys–Top Ten Ranking. In addition, Michael is a member of the American and Connecticut bar associations.
- Syracuse University College of Law
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society, Journal of International Law and Commerce Gavel Award
- Activities: Associate Editor of the Syracuse Law and Technology Journal, and Editor-in-Chief of the Syracuse Journal of International Law and Commerce, the oldest student-run international law journal in the country
- Syracuse University College of Arts and Sciences
- B.A | Philosophy
- Focus: contemporary metaphysics, ontology, identity, persistence.
- Honors: with honors, summa cum laude
- Activities: Phi Beta Kappa
- “The Paperless Law Office”
- Connecticut Lawyer
- AV Preeminent
- Super Lawyers®
- Thomson Reuters
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Family Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Spoken